Wraiths[note 1] were a race that could use magic. Taking on both humanoid and animal forms, they lived in abundance alongside humans before dwindling in number.
Wraiths originally ruled the land, existing in large numbers and peacefully co-existing with humans. After the wraith Beritoad began killing humans, he earned the opposition of both humans and wraiths, with some wraiths joining the human forces in the fight against Beritoad and Père Noël in the Battle of Cave Horaga. Over time, wraiths dwindled in number, to the point that many humans didn't believe in them. Those who continued to believe in wraiths, however, hated them due to Beritoad's actions.
Biology and Appearance Edit
Wraiths had the ability to take both humanoid and animal forms. They could perform magic and even take powers from other wraiths. They could also reproduce with other species, though it was rare for the offspring to inherit their parent's power. Wraiths also aged more slowly than humans, and didn't bleed when wounded.
- The majority of the wraiths' names contain characters from the names of the seventy-two demons in the Ars Goetia.
- Likewise, the wraiths share many abilities and traits of their respective inspirations.
- ↑ 妖魔
- ↑ Torture Tower Doesn't Sleep -The Ring of Evil- – Chapter 1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Torture Tower Doesn't Sleep -The Three Daughters of Sir Torture- – Chapter 4
- ↑ Torture Tower Doesn't Sleep: Extra Chapter
- ↑ Torture Tower Doesn't Sleep -The Three Daughters of Sir Torture- – Chapter 1
- ↑ Torture Tower Doesn't Sleep -The Three Daughters of Sir Torture- – Chapter 2
- ↑ Torture Tower Doesn't Sleep -The Emerald Girl- – Chapter 1